Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Black Maria

For this week’s reading I read the Black Maria. I do not really know much about witches but they have always been interesting to me. This book upped my love for witches; it has been a while since I read a book with a female lead. And I can say usually they end up being some of the best books. One thing I loved the most was her characteristics she had and attitude and seemed to hold herself pretty well. She was strong and interesting the read about. One of my favorite things was how she would use the guilt trip on anyone just to receive what she wanted. It reminds me of my mother which kind of made we relate to her a little more. Another thing I loved about the book was the slow beginning, I felt like I really got to know her before the book even started. I hate books with lack of character and reader involved meant. Overall I enjoyed the book, it had a very dark and eerie feel to it and that is what I love in most games, movies and books. I feel like it keeps you on your toes and kind of coats you in this darkness that the characters themselves can only feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment