Sunday, October 6, 2013

Interview with a Vampire

This week’s book was Interview with a Vampire, not going to lie. When I first saw the title I was instantly turned off. Another vampire book? Really? But when I got into it I instantly realized it was different. It wasn’t your normal Twilight type of book it was actually engaging and different! Right off the bat the thing I loved about this book was the vampire, Louis telling the story. I thought that was such an interesting concept never done before in the “Vampire” Genre. Having a vampire tell about his lie to reporter was priceless to me. The writer Anne Frank even makes it so the interview process doesn’t seem to choppy and stray us from the story. If I didn’t understand something you could always count on Louis to either give me a better answer to the questions I had (the reporter) or even just give a response as if you were watching a talk show with a guess speaker. It was such an interesting and engaging concept. Making it seem as if we were witnessing a real thing really helped me feel for Louis and what he went through weather it be losing his love or transforming into the vampire. Now for me the most interesting part of the book was the ending. I felt it was so sad and disrespectful for the reporter to ask Louis to turn him into a vampire. Even after hearing his story all the hardship Louis went through all the torment and sadness you heard in Louis’ voice. Just for the reporter to so simply say “Hey let me live forever” At that moment I felt so sad for Louis this reporter didn’t want to hear your story he just wanted to become something like him. Even after hearing that living that long life isn’t as good as it is made out to be. I was so happy when Louis wouldn’t turn him into a vampire it served him right and made we really appreciate Louis’ life even if he was a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment