Saturday, November 30, 2013

Babel 17

This week I decided to put my differences aside with Science fiction and read Babel 17 I was very tempted to read it but I’ll give science fiction one more chance. And it actually was not that bad, I would of rather of read a fantasy novel taking us to a special magical place but seriously not bad. Using linguistics as a weapon was pretty clever. I thought the idea was awesome because of the way we feel that language is a huge weapon in todays society with cyber bullying and all. I could really relate to the main character because of the sheer fact I went to high school and delt with sticks and stones bull crap. And I love the way that Denaly’s main character about the power of languages is a female character. It makes the book relate so much more. Over all I really liked how Denaly designed the language and how he formed the role of the lead. Saying that I would not read again because I do not like sci-fi but it was interesting to read nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment