Saturday, November 30, 2013

Snow Crash

This week we had to read Snow crash, again I do not really enjoy this type of genre but I never heard of “cyberpunk”. So I went in with little clue as to what was going to be shown to me. And boy was I surprised and pretty intrigued. Johnny Mnemonic put on a pleasing show. I really enjoyed his novel, half human half robots called Cyborgs what is not to love?! Although is was a generic kind of future story I loved Mnemonic’s ideas abut downloading data and being able to dump our memories and pick up new ones. I felt like it was a pretty interesting touch, it makes me feel like everyone would live more then one life. And be able to choose their memoires to gain information about people. This book make we really think of the future and what it would be like if I became half machine. What kind of things would I do? Johnny Mnemonic opened my eyes to Cyberpunk and maybe changed my perspective on the scientific fiction genre forever. The booked showed me this genre could still be innovated.

No comments:

Post a Comment